Saturday, August 8, 2009

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.







Shout out to Amanda for the bok choy and tofu recipe. It was delish and I'd eat it again!

For a hot minute, I thought I should resist eating meat as part of my food journey. I said "no" to the steak and mushrooms at Pasquale's Rigoletto at my nephew's graduation dinner. I convinced myself that a sober chicken cutlet was the better choice. It wasn't. But I did feel morally superior for denying myself the pleasure of meat.

On my way home tonight I thought "What am I going to put on all that damned lettuce I've got in the 'frig? Cod encrusted with panko? no. Sword steak seared with sesame seeds? No. Shrimp grilled on the barby?" NO. The choice was simple, really, an organic black Angus Sirloin -- grilled medium rare with sea salt and black pepper.

I sauteed garlic scrapes and mushrooms in enough butter to make gravy. Made a cilantro chimichurri sauce instead of salad dressing (giant handful of cilantro minced, a clove of garlic minced, the juice of half a lemon, equal part olive oil, a little salt and red chili pepper to taste). Ah....bouefgasmic!

After several minutes in omnivore heaven I took pictures and have no regrets, burp;-).

No comments: