Sunday, December 2, 2007

You find $1,000 in your recycling bin. What would you do with it?

Here's what I'd do with it:
  • $250 to Wesleyan University (This is my alma mater. I would like to participate in giving this experience to another kid. Learn more at: http://www.wesleyan.edu/);
  • $250 to the Food Project (sustainable agriculture in the City. This organization rocks. Learn more at: http://www.thefoodproject.org/);
  • $50 to Planned Parenthood (even tho my eggs have turned to dust we gotta keep choice legal);
  • $50 to ACT Roxbury (support arts, culture and trade in Roxbury. Learn more at: http://act.xbuild.com/);
  • $200 to Cyrano's, youngest son, student loans;
  • $100 to the rainy day fund (a girl's gotta be prepared);
  • $100 would disappear unaccounted for.
P.S. I'm not normally this altruistic -- it's the season for giving so I'm in the mode.

6 comments:

Kath said...

You're so responsible! I would be tempted to blow the whole thing on clothes and electronics (start making a dent in that "when we've got some extra, I'd like...." list.

Speaking of Planned Parenthood--did you hear this week's Savage LoveCast yet? There's an awesome story about a woman who snuck around to go to PP for birth control, her dad found out, and began quietly making donations to them...

gemini72 said...

I'm with you Kathy...i wish I could be as responsible as Michelle. So, let's say I am feeling responsible..then I would put half of it toward debt, a quarter toward savings and then another quarter would be spent frivolously.

Emmy said...

I'm not usually this responsible -- but it is the season for giving.

Two months ago I would have said half to Mr. Visa and the other half on beauty products, wine, dinners-out and random junk.

Kath said...

It is the season for giving--I think I'd give closer to home (that is, to me, Leona & my mom)...

Kev said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kev said...

first, i'd question why $1000 was in my recycling bin and have it checked to see if it's fake (who throws away money???). if it's for real, then i'd put it all toward the R&K "future house downpayment" account.