Friday, January 4, 2008

Power!

OK, I don't mean to whine about California's winter weather (how can I when I've got a good 40 degrees on you guys today??), but jeez, these people don't have a clue how to deal!

We've got a big winter storm hitting today (big for us means lots and lots of rain--7" in Napa Valley & expecting 10 ft of snow in the Sierras), and everyone's freaking out and hunkering down in their homes.

Honestly, I would be too, except I have a call to do & we have no power at home. How inconvenient!

Stay warm!

6 comments:

Kev said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kev said...

hey Kath, I hope you're ok! Nothing worse than a big storm with people running around like chicken little and driving on slick roads like they ain't got no sense! : ) Oh yeah, and your power going out! You're not alone, Kath. Apparently more than 400,000 people were (are?) without power. Stay safe!

Kev said...

p.s., i hate that there's no edit function for previously posted comments on Blogger! I noticed some typos (sorry, pet peeve of mine) in my first post so my only option was to delete it and fix the errors. Now it looks like I've censored myself with the "This post has been removed by the author" message above! lol! : )

Kath said...

ah, technology...not as smart as us yet, hunh?

I realized after the fact that my post was a little whiny & fractured. I meant for it to be a pithy little reflection on how dependent we are on modern conveniences...that's what I get for multi-tasking!

All's good. By the time I got home, we'd been restored. Good news, because we've been apartment hunting all weekend & needed to do research.

Stay tuned, I might have a house update in a few days...

Emmy said...

kath,how have you fared after the storm?

Kath said...

All's good...it's raining again, but it will probably rain through March or April. Not a big deal except I don't really have gear for running in the rain, so my Lake runs are going to be infrequent.