Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway



We challenged ourselves to take a flying trapeze lesson on New Year's Eve. Here's a photo of Miss Pamela flying with our instructor, Scout. It was an exhilarating experience. Each time I stepped on the platform to prepare for my flight I was terrified. My fear never dissipated -- but I did find it easier to face. With each jump I felt myself becoming strong with the knowledge that I could face my fear and succeed by flying.

I've been telling myself for years that fear is a normal part of life. It's constant work to permit myself to be afraid and to move forward anyway. The smile on Pam's face reminds me that facing fear can be joyful, exhilarating and empowering.

4 comments:

gemini72 said...

that is a GREAT picture of Pam flying! Trapeze school was a lot of fun, but I am VERY sore today. I feel like I worked out for hours. But, yes, I agree that facing your fears is a great feeling!

Kath said...

OMG, I am so freakin' jealous! That looks like so much fun!

Hope you all had a great New Years (it ended with you all in pjs & watching movies, right?). We had a calm evening (so much celebrating--it had to come to an end), I was asleep by 10, Leona woke me up at midnight to clink glasses & have a sip of champagne, a quick smooch, then I was back asleep in a minute!

SisterMorphine said...

you two are my role models, did ya know?

SisterMorphine said...

oh- its andrea by the way, lol! maybe i should have picked "legallylatina" for my blogger handle. hugs and kisses- me