Monday, November 12, 2007

Girls Talk

Visited my friends at Lady Grace (lingerie store with old saleswoman that fit you for a brassiere by getting up close and personal in the dressing room) this weekend. My mum gently pointed out last week that gravity has begun to wrest control (and that a good bra would fix it).

There's no modesty at Lady Grace. Standing shirtless while your "tissue" is manipulated from left to right is not for the feint of heart. I felt a surprising level of comfort once I accepted my sales woman's commanding non-sexual touch. I would soon win the battle against nature (at least while clothed).

As luck would have it, today I went in for my 6-month mammogram to make sure that the girls were healthy. There were inconclusive findings during my previous two exams and my doc ordered a series of 6-month check-ins.

My radiologist ordered a second round of tests today during which my technician told me I was in the lab for women with "problems". Apparently, she cheerily informed me, there's a whole other facility in the hospital for women undergoing routine tests (and I was not there).

I was forced to wonder Have I lived the life I'd intended? Am I ready to fight if I have cancer? Am I ready to relinquish a breast? As the panic rose and the tears welled I wondered at my fallibility. Was I truly not an Amazon?

I texted Ms. Pamela to come hold my hand. She insisted on working out in a nearby gym (my shero). Thankfully, my radiologist called me in before Pam arrived and gave me good news. The calcification was unchanged. They just needed to be sure.

So there you have it, friends -- I'll live! I can still strut around pretending to be an amazon. My breasts will be adorned with beautiful new brassieres that lift and separate (hey, I even bought naughty-girl red number:-). Sweet.

Time to get on with the business of living the life I intended.

3 comments:

gemini72 said...

Shug, glad to know you are ok and still the AMAZON! Did we know about this? Yes, Kevon just told me that we did know but we didn't know about the recent update. OK, new rule..none of our friends can ever get sick!

Oh, and yes, Dr. Pamela is a "shero" to us all who know her with her disciplined hot little body!...and of course no matter how much gravity interacts with your girls..you are still uber-gorgeous ms. shug! Again, glad to know you are ok!!

Emmy said...

thank you mistah man.

Kath said...

M, glad it all turned out the way it's supposed to. Enjoy the new lift & separate--a girl can't underestimate the value of a good foundation garment!
xoxo