Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Merry Christmas

well Oprah introduced her favorite things for 2007...so, in case you can't think of what to get that special someone Oprah has a few VERY expensive ideas. however, some of the items are reasonably priced. I like the refrigerator (#13) but since we still rent I guess that is a bit unreasonable to expect Santa to bring me that. Oh, and i heard that the Cole-Waters love to play scrabble..Oprah recommends a nice little scrabble board....here is the link:

http://www.oprah.com/presents/2007/holiday/gifts/gifts_oft_350_101.jhtml

4 comments:

Kath said...

That Scrabble board is HOT!!!

My new gadget obsession (besides replacing my iPod--sob!--that crashed with a new 160GB one) is the Kindle from Amazon....have you seen this thing????

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-com-kindle/dp/B000FI73MA

gemini72 said...

I have not seen the Kindle..what does it do? Is it just for reading e-books? it got a lot of "1's" by reviewers on the Amazon site. I have never even heard of these kinds of things. Are you thinking about getting one Kathy??

Kath said...

It's like an ebook, and it has wifi to download & sync without a hotspot. you can have subscriptions to newspapers, blogs, magazines & buy new releases for $10 or less.

It looks like a lot of the 1 ratings are from people pontificating on the concept, not the device itself.

I probably won't actually get one...I hate buying first gen gadgets...but another year of travel like this last one and it might just be worth it! It's a dream for now...a new iPod is my priority for my next extra $350+

Emmy said...

you're such a techno geek, miss kath!

my mom was telling me about oprah's giveaway show -- the frig really stuck out in her mind. what i don't get is what made it so special?

this x-mas i'm going tree crazy. i want a x-mas tree on every level (and perhaps on table tops and mantle too). i saw a cool tall thin fuscia colored tree at tjmaxx that was covered in feathers and sequins. i should of bought it! am also on the lookout for a good charlie brown x-mas tree.